Child Protective Services

The government has come to ask about your children and you’re scared. Or maybe they’ve taken your children from you and started court actions challenging your rights as a parent. That is very frightening to any parent. Don’t face that alone.

There are many reasons that you might need an attorney in dealing with Child Protective Services, but the most common are:

  • CPS is investigating an allegation that your children have been abused or neglected.
  • CPS has already taken their concerns to a court for action. This could be a case to terminate your parental rights, or just a more serious forum for monitoring your interaction with the children (often called “Court Ordered Services.”)
  • Grand parents, or even a foster parent or fictive kin, that want to become a party to an ongoing CPS case. This is called an Intervention. Interventions require a strict set of circumstances, but if you meet those requirements then you might feel a need to intervene as a party to a case to ensure that the children’s fate is decided with your input.

Don’t face CPS without an attorney. Call me at (512) 587-5652 to discuss how you might benefit from legal counsel.